Moritz Family: Jeremy & Christine, Angel, Tony, Harmony, Charity, Chase, and Symphony
The Moritz Family Mission Statement
We, Jeremy and Christine Moritz, have high expectations for our family. We intend to honor God, live by our principles, love and respect each other for the rest of our lives. To reach these objectives, we strive to keep the following priorities at the forefront of our minds and make every reasonable effort to live in line with these principles at all times.
- God is #1 in our family. We make all of our decisions according to the standard of God's Word, recognizing that He is and always will be the true head of our household. (Joshua 24:15)
- After our commitment to the Lord, our marriage is above all else. This relationship takes priority over any and all other obligations and relationships, including, but not limited to: children, work, ministry, family, hobbies/interests, and recreation. We continually provide love, support, security, and companionship for each other and cultivate this relationship through regular time alone together. (Ephesians 5:33)
- We make a great effort to show love and support for our children. We pray for them, give them undivided attention on a regular basis, and do our best to be there whenever they need us. We model Christ-like integrity and Biblical values and use God's Word to guide our parenting. (Proverbs 22:6)
- In this house, we are friends. Our children treat one another with affection and respect. They advocate for each other's success and well-being. They speak kindly to and about one another, even in each other's absence. (Matthew 7:12)
- All big decisions are made together. We pray about big decisions and include each other in the process. (Romans 15:5-6)
- We manage money wisely. We invest, save, give charitably, and spend within our budget, and we teach our children to follow sound principles of money management. (1 Corinthians 4:2)
- We support each other's interests. We encourage each other's pursuits and hobbies even when they do not match our own. (Philippians 2:4)
- We monitor our entertainment. We take careful note of the television shows, movies, music, events, websites, apps, and activities with which we entertain ourselves, and we avoid any that we deem to be detrimental to our thoughts or are out of line with our mission statement. We are also careful to temper the amount time we spend with any entertainment medium. (Psalm 101:3)
- We choose our friends carefully. All of our closest friendships are those that serve to support and strengthen our spiritual, marital, and family commitments. We refrain from developing intimate friendships with anyone who would encourage us to act out of line with our priorities or our mission. (Proverbs 13:20)
- All of our actions are characterized by honesty and integrity. We always speak truthfully, and our actions are consistent with our words and values. (Proverbs 11:3)
This is our family's mission. We will keep this statement in plain view with the understanding that, although we may sometimes stray from the path we intend to follow, this Mission Statement will serve as a reminder and a standard to which we will continually return.
Renewed and updated January 1, 2023.
~The Moritz Family
Jeremy & Christine, Angel, Tony, Harmony, Charity, Chase, and Symphony